The First United Methodist Preschool provides the following opportunities in which the preschool child and his/her family may participate:
- Spring Orientation
- School visit with preschool staff member in the fall
- Open House/Ice Cream Social in October
- Mom’s Day at Preschool in January
- Dad’s Day at Preschool in February
- Two scheduled conferences with a staff member in November and April
Parent volunteers come in daily to the 3’s room from October through December. We have weekly number page volunteers in the 4’s room, along with parent helpers for special projects such as making applesauce and Stone Soup.
Each parent is asked to sign up to help with one of the parties during the year. These are Halloween, Christmas, Valentine’s Day, and Park Day. Due to insurance regulations, no siblings are allowed at class parties.
Parents have an opportunity to sign up for volunteer spots at our Welcome Reception in mid-September.